PIAA District 10 Baseball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PIAA District 10 Baseball Forum

A Forum to talk about D10 Baseball

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Region Predictions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Region Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Region Predictions   Region Predictions Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 6:49 pm

What is everyone's predictions for region standings in region 3, 4, and 6? If you want to avoid ranking your own teams, I'm pretty sure everyone would understand.
Back to top Go down
https://d10baseball.forumotion.com
Sarge20

Region Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Region Predictions   Region Predictions Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 8:54 am

Warren should roll - don't they have just about everyone back for next year?
Back to top Go down
http://www.flbll.com
Admin
Admin

Region Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Region Predictions   Region Predictions Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 10:43 pm

No doubt about that. I know they bring back Dunn and I'm pretty sure their other pitchers. But you never know, because it doesn't matter who's the better team, but who plays better that day Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
Jackets

Region Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Region front runners...   Region Predictions Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 9:00 pm

Region 3- villa, mercyhurst prep, girard and NW should compete for the title. Iroquois and fairview should be in the mix as well. this region seems to be wide open. pitching is always key though. each school has experienced pitching coming back and should be interesting to watch.

Region 4- North East. franklin or titusvlle may follow a close second. this region will probably only take the region winner for playoffs. very weak.

Region 6-Warren. corry and hc two three.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Region Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Region Predictions   Region Predictions Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 9:55 pm

Jackets wrote:
Region 3- villa, mercyhurst prep, girard and NW should compete for the title. Iroquois and fairview should be in the mix as well. this region seems to be wide open. pitching is always key though. each school has experienced pitching coming back and should be interesting to watch.

I'm not so sure about Villa, Girard, and NW. Villa doesn't have near the rotation or offense they did last year, but they should still be solid. I'm going on the assumption that MPS rolls, but Villa may be in the same situation that MPS was last year. They may be be 1-2 as far d10 single A, but both won't make the playoffs due to a very solid region. And then you'll get a team like Eisenhower or Youngsville who's only win was against the other team makes it.

As for Girard: I think they lose a lot. That being said, when Morrow's on the mound, they should be extremely tough. Who else did they bring back?

NW is one of the more solid teams, I'm just not 100% sold that their ace is better than everyone else's ace, and that their #2 is better than enough other team's number 2 to get enough wins to make the playoffs.

Iroquois returns a decent amount, they should be solid.

Fairview will be tough as well. They have the stud to match other team's stud, but I don't really know what they return around him.

Jackets wrote:

Region 4- North East. franklin or titusvlle may follow a close second. this region will probably only take the region winner for playoffs. very weak.

I agree with North East. They have the most pitching. However, if they were in region 3, they'd be in a battle, and could finish anywhere from 1st to 6th. The weaker region will help them make the playoffs, but may hurt them once they get there by not playing to many close games.

Franklin:My AA sleeper team this year. We'll see.

Titusville: I thought they lost their best player, and they weren't very tough last year to begin with?

I agree with the last statement about how this is probably one of the weaker regions. However, I don't think that that'll translate into only one team making the playoffs. When you face Eisenhower, Youngsville, and Titusville 6 times, that should be 6-0 added to your record without much sweat to a solid team like Franklin or North East. Seneca shouldn't be bad, but that should be another 2 wins. That puts Franklin and NE at 8-0 in region before they face each other. Especially when you compare that to say Region 3, where you're going to be in a battle game in and game out. If those 2 teams can go 3-3 in cross over games, they should make the playoffs easily. Now, would an 12-4 region 4 team be more deserving than a 11-5 Region 3 team? Honestly, probably not. But that's probably not going to matter when it comes time to make a choice for who's in the playoffs.

Jackets wrote:

Region 6-Warren. corry and hc two three.

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Jackets

Region Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Region Predictions   Region Predictions Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 7:03 pm

Region 3 will be a tough region. Do you know what Mercyhurst and Villa have coming back? I am familiar with Girard and I can say that they lost a pitcher catcher and first basemen. Morrow will be tough and the other nine seniors should contibute. We will see though. NW has a solid group of juniors who have some experience. They will be tough as usual. Fairview has Lohrer. Thats all I can project for them. And of course Iroquois always has something to say about some games that they shouldnt win. To me this region should make itself stronger for a playoff push. Heres my predictions:

Region 3
Mercyhurst 11-5
Girard 10-6
NW 9-7
Villa 9-7
Iroquois 8-8
Fairview 5-11

Region 4
NE 10-6
Franklin 9-7
Titusville 8-8
Seneca 7-9
Eisenhower 7-9
Youngsville 3-13
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Region Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Region Predictions   Region Predictions Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 10:42 pm

Jackets wrote:
Region 3 will be a tough region. Do you know what Mercyhurst and Villa have coming back?

MPS lost Hodapp, DAndrea, and someone else I know I'm forgetting. They bring back their 3 junior pitchers (Brandt, Mitchell, and Brown). They'll be solid as usual.

Villa loses a lot more. There two best pitchers (Wright/Gnachinski (sp?)). They lose their catcher. Those 3 were also a huge part of their offense.
Back to top Go down
Sarge20

Region Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Region Predictions   Region Predictions Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 5:26 pm

LeBoeuf brings back 6 players with varsity experience.
Going to be young, only one Senior and 5 Juniors.

Pitching will be the big question mark.

Very talented group of Freshman coming into the program this year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flbll.com
Admin
Admin

Region Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Region Predictions   Region Predictions Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 6:34 pm

Sarge20 wrote:
LeBoeuf brings back 6 players with varsity experience.
Going to be young, only one Senior and 5 Juniors.

Pitching will be the big question mark.

Very talented group of Freshman coming into the program this year.

Agree with everything, especially about the freshman crop. They're going to be tough. You may take your lumps this year, but they could be deadly in a year or two.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Region Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Region Predictions   Region Predictions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Region Predictions
Page 1 of 1