PIAA District 10 Baseball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PIAA District 10 Baseball Forum

A Forum to talk about D10 Baseball

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hitting in Baseball

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SVCOACH28

Hitting in Baseball - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hitting in Baseball   Hitting in Baseball - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 12:52 pm

Steve did send me an email and your facts are incorrect.........He did play AA and AAA and he stated about 40% of first rounders didn't make it to the bigs in his day. That was also 30 plus years ago too.

Regardless, it has nothing to do with what he is doing now , 30 years later. Matter of fact, some of the best teachers in the game ARE NOT the Best ballplayers but the BEST teachers.
Some of the BEST ballplayers never amounted to much of a coach possibly because they knew how to do it but didn't know how to teach it.
Back to top Go down
VillaGorilla1

PostSubject: Re: Hitting in Baseball   Hitting in Baseball - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 9:07 am

cyber, it's a thread in a blog and being anonymus keeps people like you who judge people by their names in check, i find that fascinating that you have to know who Ninja and myself are so you can bad mouth us what if Ninja and myself never hit over .125 like you does that mean were less than you, you see what i'm getting at? like i said you don't know me and i don't know Ninja.
although i did find one of your one responses interesting and was going to ask if you could tell me a little about the footwork in stevos swing. Here's a clue on my identity; i've done something that no high school age player from Erie has ever done. Who am i?
Back to top Go down
SVCOACH28

PostSubject: Re: Hitting in Baseball   Hitting in Baseball - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 12:30 pm

First of all I thought you were not from Erie and were presently playing for Villanova?
Secondly, I know of someone who lettered in 5 sports in HS and went on to play at ND. Tom Lawless, former SV Player hit a HR in a World Series. I'm sure there are many more so PLEASE, let us know. Third, I don't see where I ever became negative. My intentions were to pass on good information that I found valuable. I have a full time job. Coaching is just a passion and there is a ton of good and bad info on the internet. Its up to you to evaluate whats good and bad. Last, calling me Cyber is disrespectful.

Best of Luck to Everyone, including my friends Ninja and VG1. Weather is breaking and I'm going out as much as possible. Coaching JV and Varsity is time consuming but were building up a program and my focus is on that. I have to follow what I believe right now and we'll be waiting anxiously for some more valuable info from you guys to give us some good information instead of discounting ours. I'm never satisfied, always anxious to get better.
Back to top Go down
SVCOACH28

PostSubject: Re: Hitting in Baseball   Hitting in Baseball - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 6:18 am

VG,

Send me the question, I'll be glad to forward to "Stevo" and get you a response. Tell me how that footwork should be in your opinion as well so he knows your analysis prior to me getting his response.
Back to top Go down
Villa Go

PostSubject: Re: Hitting in Baseball   Hitting in Baseball - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 10:54 am

cyber, any chance of you working with the gannon baseball team.
Back to top Go down
SVCOACH28

PostSubject: Re: Hitting in Baseball   Hitting in Baseball - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 12:55 pm

My goal is to make Strong Vincent competitive and I'm 100% there. Gannon has a good coach working hard with very limited funding which makes it tough to compete with the PSAC or GLIAC. I talked with a former Gannon coach at the MCY-GU game and theres quite a big difference financially. MCY has pitchers throwing upper 80's to mid 90's. Gannon has a few older pitchers but must use some young guys right out of high school. Kind of tough. I know Coach Cocolin is pushing to get some more scholarship money. Might take a few letters from some boosters as well. He's building a program with what he has.

You can't always judge a coach by the record but what he has to work with. I think we have some quality guys around here at the HS and College levels. We also need to better our D-10 players so they can play local if they have that chance. The step from HS to College WILL be an eye opener for most in my opinion unless we can give them a reality check here and there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hitting in Baseball   Hitting in Baseball - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hitting in Baseball
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2