PIAA District 10 Baseball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PIAA District 10 Baseball Forum

A Forum to talk about D10 Baseball

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

STEVE ENGLISHBEY

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SVCOACH28

STEVE ENGLISHBEY Empty
PostSubject: STEVE ENGLISHBEY   STEVE ENGLISHBEY Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 7:32 am

www.englishbeyhitting.com Steve Englishbey from Houston Texas. In my 25 plus years of coaching and studying the best way to hit I am convinced that Steve is one of the few who really understands how a major leaguer gets it done at the plate and his teachings are by far what players and coaches need to start understanding.

I had the privlege of attending his clinic for 3 days, 2 of which I was able to work hand in hand with him teaching 25 kids the posture, connection, and rotational swing that major league ballplayers use as well as top softball players in HS, college, and beyond use. I drove 8 hours to see Steve, hope to again in early Dec. and if I cvan work it out will pass along my information in a clinic on 2 saturdays in Dec. (10th and 17th) if I can get it approved at Braendels. I will, along with a few I have taught, work 5 kids every 2 hours.

My SV players will be doing these drills all winter, they have no choice....lol. How to use the body more efficiently and staying connected is the key here. The clinic will be for players as well as teaching the coaches out there, softball and baseball, to get there players to become efficient.

Go to the above website and sign up for the FREE public forum. Steve is putting together a new plan, dvd, etc..to get involved with the PRIVATE forum. I've been there over 3 years. I've thrown out all my other info from the past 25 years.
Back to top Go down
VillaGorilla1

STEVE ENGLISHBEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: STEVE ENGLISHBEY   STEVE ENGLISHBEY Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 12:56 pm

Is there anyone out there that i can watch or know about who hit for average using this Englishbay technique.
Back to top Go down
SVCOACH28

STEVE ENGLISHBEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: STEVE ENGLISHBEY   STEVE ENGLISHBEY Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 6:52 pm

Yes,
how about every major leaguer. Its not a technique. Its how a major leaguer moves the body efficiently to hit a baseball. Its not an overnight tip. It takes a lot of work on your own to understand the correct movements. What I'm doing with my team is eliminating the inefficiencies they have by doing stop swings, turning drills, posture drills and so on. Its taken me 3 years of learning. If a player is serious its not that complicated. The problem is eliminating the bad habits and fighting the old tendencies of upright hitting, squishing the bug, knob to the ball etc....We'll eventually get it.
Back to top Go down
SVCOACH28

STEVE ENGLISHBEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: STEVE ENGLISHBEY   STEVE ENGLISHBEY Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 6:53 pm

Watch Barry Bonds, Ken Griffey, Ryan Howard, Manny Ramirez, Albert Pujols just to name a few.
Back to top Go down
VillaGorilla1

STEVE ENGLISHBEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: STEVE ENGLISHBEY   STEVE ENGLISHBEY Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:39 am

all power hitters, and their game strategy is a bloop and a blast and not a bad approach for a true power hitter, sorry for me it's to softball like (lots of lazy fly ball outs) i'll continue to use what's right from life experience and good mentors throughout my years, you should be careful hitching your rope to these internet stars your wasting your time, i'll keep close dibs on your teams hitting although even from what you said it took you years to understand it, you may have to hold a few kids in the 12th grade for a few years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

STEVE ENGLISHBEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: STEVE ENGLISHBEY   STEVE ENGLISHBEY Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

STEVE ENGLISHBEY
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PIAA District 10 Baseball Forum :: Baseball Fundamentals-
Jump to: