PIAA District 10 Baseball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PIAA District 10 Baseball Forum

A Forum to talk about D10 Baseball

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

We have a long way to go...........

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SVCOACH28

We have a long way to go........... Empty
PostSubject: We have a long way to go...........   We have a long way to go........... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 12:43 am

We have made positive strides but are a ways away from being able to compete with the stronger teams. Next year we may have to bypass the JV program because its impossible to try to do both with 1 staff. Its not fair to the JV's who don't play varsity.
I'm considering taking the strongest 20-22 and just work from there. My players know they have to play summer ball to be able to stick with the program. This year I believe most are after the season.

We hit decent when we are staying with the approach being taught. The problem is against stronger teams is they revert back to there old way . The old way of lunging,
swinging and striding at the same time, popping out of a good posture and so on. I'd rather have them fail early doing it right because eventually it will be successful.

McDowell and Meadville were much stronger then us. This week we still have Commodore Perry, Oil City, Harbor Creek, then Prep Monday. Its an ongoing process and were giving it a go. Tough at times, rewarding at times. Its coaching and so far its a rewarding challenge.

Congrats tonight to Iroquois on a great win. Coach Raf's doing a fine job and I've coached with Randy Durkoske in junior legion years ago and his teams are always ready. D-10 has some good coaching for sure!
Back to top Go down
Villa Go

PostSubject: Re: We have a long way to go...........   We have a long way to go........... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 12:39 pm

you ought to learn something from them good coaches, do they have a JV team, why would you throw away the experience they can gain from playing do you think you know their true potential in the 9th and 10th grade, let them play all good schools have a JV...what are trying to coah both teams? coach one and guide the other, i think you play to the parents and your letter is pathetic. Sound like a quitter to me.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: We have a long way to go...........   We have a long way to go........... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 2:27 pm

Who the Hell are you to bash that descision? Why don't you volunteer to coach the JV team? It's tough enough of a time committment to coach one team, let alone 2.
Back to top Go down
https://d10baseball.forumotion.com
SVCOACH28

PostSubject: Re: We have a long way to go...........   We have a long way to go........... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 3:22 pm

Obviously he doesn't understand the coaching process but no offense taken. I'll continue to do what I have to do. If a young player is talented and dedicated then they'll be there. Almost half my varsity team is 9th/10th graders and we know more that are incoming. Its not just talent VillaGo its being dedicated to a program. It will continue to be a diciplined program because athletes need that structure. Someday I hope to have 2 strong programs and 2 staffs in place.
Back to top Go down
IHScoach19

PostSubject: Re: We have a long way to go...........   We have a long way to go........... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 3:59 pm

I started coaching at SV and the hardest problem was getting kids to steadily come to practice. Most of them want to just show up and play the game instead of learning how to play. VillaGo, I am not sure if you are aware of what a wonderful job Coach Travers has done so far at SV, but he is an amazing coach and there is so much to learn from him. I just wish his kids there had the same commitment that he gives them. Coach, i am sure everything will work out.
Back to top Go down
SVCOACH28

PostSubject: Re: We have a long way to go...........   We have a long way to go........... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 4:21 pm

Thanks for the kind words but I have a long way to go to consider myself a good coach.
I have a group of dedicated coaches who have been a big help to me and our players. People have opinions and we just have to accept that.
Back to top Go down
BravesCoach

PostSubject: Re: We have a long way to go...........   We have a long way to go........... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 10:01 pm

Coach Travers,

First off thank you for the compliment, our boys are playing pretty good baseball right now and to beat a team like Mercyhurst Prep is obviously a nice win. Our pitching staff (i feel the strength of our program)is doing very well right now. 7 runs last 7 games, and we've played some very good teams in that span. We started a 15 year old sophomore against the Hurst on weds and he gave up 2 hits , 1 walk, and no runs in a 5 inning no decision, (and thats was his second start vs them this season.) He took a line drive off the chest from Jared Brown to lead off the game, and stayed in the game for 5 innings. As good as he's throwing I am more impressed with his mental toughness and work ethic. Our senior starter has come so far from last season. He hits his spots and works very hard as well. That's not to mention Szoszorek, Hess and Wetherbee (our bullpen). They all compliment each other very well.
Second, Coach Travers, please do not sell yourself short. I've known you for 8-9 years and have always respected your knowledge of the game, intestity, and work ethic you bring to the table. Strong Vincent is extremely lucky to have you and your coaching staff. Keep up the great work coach. Keep doing what your doing and the success you desire is just around the corner.
Back to top Go down
villa Go

PostSubject: Re: We have a long way to go...........   We have a long way to go........... Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 7:50 am

your a joke, do you guys all kiss when you get together. Travers don't get a swelled head from these guys.......you never coached a team in your life and you come off like your a baseball god, don't write back and tell me all the summer league teams you were an assistant on. hey whats up with the Marlow kid you touted up you dropped the ball on that one, making him out to be D-1 before you teach him the game or someone teaches him.
Back to top Go down
SVCOACH28

PostSubject: Re: We have a long way to go...........   We have a long way to go........... Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 8:20 am

Its about TEAM Villa Go!! Enough said! Your comments are priceless. Let us all know about your career since you know so much about mine....lol.
Back to top Go down
ninja411

PostSubject: Re: We have a long way to go...........   We have a long way to go........... Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 11:48 pm

hello guys. my son keeps talking about going to iriquois to play baseball because they have some pitching coach he likes. Does anyone know anything about this guy? I am trying to find out because he is going into high school next year.
Back to top Go down
SVCOACH28

PostSubject: Re: We have a long way to go...........   We have a long way to go........... Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 6:59 am

Edwin Almonte. Edwin was a former pitcher with the Seawolves and I believe is still trying to get back into playing professional baseball. Prior to helping at IrQ he worked with some Prep pitchers as well. Edwin would be a benefit to any program and you won't go wrong. I'm sure the IRQ coaches can comment further.
Back to top Go down
IHScoach19

PostSubject: Re: We have a long way to go...........   We have a long way to go........... Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 9:48 am

Coach Almonte was drafted by the White Sox, pitched in 11 games in 2002 for the Mets. He also pitched for the Red Sox before jacking up his shoulder. I am truly honored to be able to say I coached with him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We have a long way to go...........   We have a long way to go........... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We have a long way to go...........
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PIAA District 10 Baseball Forum :: D10 rumblings-
Jump to: