PIAA District 10 Baseball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PIAA District 10 Baseball Forum

A Forum to talk about D10 Baseball

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hickory's returners

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Hickory's returners Empty
PostSubject: Hickory's returners   Hickory's returners Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 7:41 pm

Anyone know what they bring back this year?
Back to top Go down
https://d10baseball.forumotion.com
Williamsmith

PostSubject: Re: Hickory's returners   Hickory's returners Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 9:36 pm

Jamie Shephard

SS
Speedy
Good glove
Covers deep 3rd to the other side of 2B (You won't get any cheap hits when he's there)
High OBP - Steals galore
Plus infield arm
D1 prospect
I don't know where his heart is...he also plays basketball.... but he should go to the next level.

Several other quality pitchers and
HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE - Three generations work the game....batboy, Coach and Umpire make for some interesting strikezones and calls.............
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hickory's returners   Hickory's returners Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 11:19 pm

Williamsmith wrote:
Jamie Shephard

SS
Speedy
Good glove
Covers deep 3rd to the other side of 2B (You won't get any cheap hits when he's there)
High OBP - Steals galore
Plus infield arm
D1 prospect
I don't know where his heart is...he also plays basketball.... but he should go to the next level.

Several other quality pitchers and
HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE - Three generations work the game....batboy, Coach and Umpire make for some interesting strikezones and calls.............

I knew Shepperd was back. He's pretty tough. But the bold is serious? They seriously get umpires from the same program?
Back to top Go down
Williamsmith

PostSubject: Re: Hickory's returners   Hickory's returners Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 12:50 pm

Quote :
They seriously get umpires from the same program?

I'll qualify this but the information was provided to me by a trusted friend. I was told that the home plate umpire at a regular season game was the father of Hickory's coach. That's how it was put to me.

If this is not true...then I will gladly take it back with apology. Embarassed

Perhaps someone else can verify.

Isn't it common for high school umpires to be very familiar with the home team as they live close by and this minimizes travel?
Back to top Go down
staub21

PostSubject: Re: Hickory's returners   Hickory's returners Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 3:17 pm

Speaking of Hickory "home field".

What is the deal with the landing above the brick wall on the back stop. This could be the worst design I have ever seen. If it gets up there(any high pitch) it is a automatic base.

I can't beleive the Hickory team likes it.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hickory's returners   Hickory's returners Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 9:19 pm

Any kind of quirks like that have to benefit the home team. They know what to expect. That's why I would like it.
Back to top Go down
staub21

PostSubject: Re: Hickory's returners   Hickory's returners Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 1:08 pm

Believe me admin, if you had a guy on third 2 outs 2 strikes on their no. 9 hitter(or anybody at any time) and an errant ball skips off something and goes up there, the runs scores. I see where you're coming from but I can't see them liking it.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hickory's returners   Hickory's returners Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 10:01 pm

How many senior starters did they lose? Anyone know?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hickory's returners   Hickory's returners Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hickory's returners
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PIAA District 10 Baseball Forum :: D10 rumblings :: D10 South-
Jump to: